Eddie Bauer Now Sells Women’s Hunting Garb

May 27, 2013

Please note that you will receive a negative response from Eddie Bauer, but it is important to make them aware of your protest in any case. OC

BACKGROUND | SOURCE EXPOSING THE BIG GAME
BY JIM ROBERTSON

Longtime wildlife advocate, animal activist and follower of this blog, Louise Kane, shared with me the following…

“I just discovered that Eddie Bauer makes a line for hunting clothes. I’ll be boycotting this company from now on. I hope you will consider doing the same. They make a new line especially for women. The new vogue it seems to recruit women and children into the killing business. Gross.”
Below the link and photo is a letter she sent to the company (she encourages others to write them as well)…

Eddie Bauer

Eddie Bauer

WHOM TO CONTACT

Please click HERE to send an online comment

SAMPLE COMMENT

Dear Eddie Bauer,

I am greatly dismayed to learn that Eddie Bauer now sells a line of hunting clothing. Please allow me this opportunity to share my disgust and subsequent boycott of Eddie Bauer because of such.

This disregard of your most vulnerable group of beings is unacceptable, and until this barbarism is appropriately addressed including a mandatory ban of hunting clothing, I will boycott Eddie Bauer. It would prove financially detrimental for you to enable the harm done to these animals.

eddie bauer…as american as apple pie.
but what is so “all american” about
making animals die.
your catalog spreads a message,
loud and clear,
that we, the humane, do
not want to hear!

May 27, 2013 11:44 am

eddie bauer…as american as apple pie.
    but what is so “all american” about
    making animals die.
    your catalog spreads a message,
    loud and clear,
    that we, the humane, do
    not want to hear!

2. May 27, 2013 11:51 am

Karenlyons – nicely done. Poetic, clear, and memorable.

• karenlyonskalmenson permalink
      May 27, 2013 11:52 am

3. Equus Spiritus permalink
    May 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Oh joy high fashion to murder ……:(

• May 27, 2013 12:33 pm

I agree. Another sad outcome for animals. It’s always murder, rarely life.

4. May 27, 2013 4:00 pm

The thought that someone is sitting at a desk and sketching the latest thing to be worn whilst taking the life of a beautiful animal is about as sick as the thought of someone looking for the latest thing to wear whilst taking the life of a beautiful animal…

Conceited excess is the mother of contention.

No matter what you are wearing, murder isn’t a good look on anyone.

5. May 27, 2013 7:59 pm

my comment to EB…. It was brought to my attention that Eddie Bauer sells hunting apparel for men and women. Now you can add “inhumane” to your company name. My family and I will no longer patronize your company!

6. May 27, 2013 10:08 pm