Please halt the slaughter of the African Elephant: one petition, one letter
BACKGROUND | SOURCE ELEPHANT E-CTIVISM
With 35,000 elephants a year being slaughtered for their tusks, the fate of the African Elephant hangs in the balance. The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) prepares for the sixteenth Conference of the Parties (CoP16) in March 2013. The scientific community, global intelligence agencies and wildlife trafficking authorities warn that the African Elephant is on the precipice of extermination due to the unmitigated slaughter of tens of thousands of elephants each year.
Elephants need people all around the world to be their voice and take this simple 3 step action.
EMAIL: WHOM TO CONTACT | SEND ONLY TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY’S AUTHORITIES
- Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brasil: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canada: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- France: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Germany: email@example.com: CITES-Science@bfn.de; firstname.lastname@example.org
- India: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Italia: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Kenya: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Africa: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Kingdom: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- United States: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
SAMPLE LETTER | SOURCE ELEPHANT E-CTIVISM
- Voting for a full ban on all commercial trade in ivory, legal and illegal, indefinitely.
- Upgrade all elephants currently listed as Appendix II to Appendix I until current elephant poaching trends and related illegal trade in ivory is controlled and African Elephant populations throughout Eastern, Western and Central Africa recover.
- Reject all requests to down list the African Elephant from Appendix I to Appendix II indefinitely.
- Revoke China’s “Approved Buyer” status and trade partnership and take positive steps in engaging Chinese Designated Authorities in relevant forums at CoP16 to ask that the Chinese Government takes immediate meaningful action to stop all trade in ivory.
my tusks are mine
My tusks are mine
They are part of my head
But humans see them
As their own, instead
Theirs to take,
For décor and such
Humans leave us alone
Thank you very much
Karen Lyons Kalmenson