BSL Victim Looking for New Home in Kansas

September 24, 2012

Facebook

UPDATE (per thread) 9/26/12:

Lilly has several options, she is going to a local home in manhattan kansas tomorrow night to see how that works out with their other dogs, if it doesn’t she has foster near Topeka KS to hold her unitl Maggie May gets her – that is my understanding from my phone call with Amber a few minutes ago, she is supposed to be calling Maggie and will update anything else I find out so this girl has options THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP SUPPORT SHARING AND CARING!!” via Karen Guzman

LOCATION:
Washington, Kansas, North of Clay Center

TELEPHONE:
785-626-2061

EMAIL:
sharpeaa@gmail.com

BIO, FROM CURRENT GUARDIAN:
She was saved off a kill list as a puppy and is probably a year and a half old now. She’s been raised with a young child (who is now 3 yr old) and does great with her as well as other children that come to play. I also have a mini Aussie and she’s been great with him. They are quite the comical pair when they play. She has been raised around cats and has never harmed any of them, but she will chase them. She is house broke, kennel broke, up-to-date on shots until November (I’m willing to help the new owners financially with shots when they are due if that will help), she’s spayed and about 40 pounds or so. I will send her with her kennel, collar, and harness and leash. Lilly is seriously the happiest dog I’ve ever known!

I have until Friday to comply to this ordinance.   Please help this dog not be another victim of BSL, thank you.

CONTACT:

destroyed,
    please save this
    beautiful angel
    from that void!!!

2. Xiahko permalink
    September 25, 2012 11:28 am

I have shared this everyplace I can think of. Lets hope this dog is safe soon!
    I would take her, but I am out of state.

3. September 25, 2012 2:23 pm

ive shared in several places with people that i KNOW will also share i hope this sweey baby gets a home please keep us updated Stacey and thanks for the alert

• September 26, 2012 6:34 pm

I will definitely be updating this with any info I get. Thanks, as always, for your help, sweetie.

4. Lauren permalink
    September 28, 2012 12:21 pm

UPDATE (per thread) 9/26/12:

5. Russell Parrick permalink
    September 28, 2012 12:28 pm

I’m so sorry that u have to deal w/ such ignorance. There’s actually legislation in the house right now to ban all BSL and city ordinances against specific breeds for the state of Kansas. I know that doesn’t help much right this minute, but if u find someone that can hold her for a short time then u might b able to get her back. I hope for your family that this works out for u all. Good luck, and consider it shared

• September 29, 2012 1:32 pm

BSL should absolutely be banned, thanks for the commentary and info, Russell.