Immediate! Please send two messages regarding Mazor Farm, sample letters

June 11, 2012

Wikimedia Commons

BACKGROUND | SOURCE FACEBOOK: SHUT DOWN MAZOR FARM

Time for Immediate Action!!

You can Shut down Mazor Farm! In these critical last moments of the struggle to shut down Mazor Farm, an Israeli monkeys breeding farm selling them to horrible experiments, every voice counts. A 22 year animal rights fight is at its peak & needs your act now!!

Demand from El Al’s CEO not to transport Mazor Farm’s primates!!

Please send an immediate email or fax message to Mr. Eliezer Shkedi, CEO of El Al airlines, Israel’s biggest airline company and demand that El Al will keep its policy as of Sep 2010 and reject any request to transport primates from Mazor Farm anywhere.

Additionally, this morning, the Mazor Farm owners have replied to the High Court with their decision to send the 40 monkeys who were born in the farm (after the court prohibited them from sending 50 monkeys who were captured in nature) to SNBL labs, TX USA.

The Israeli animal organizations have filed the court with an urgent request to instruct the farm owners to resubmit a new authorization request for the shipment, as they have changed the details of the original request. We are now waiting to hear the court’s decision and guarantee to do everything we can to stop this shipment.

In the meantime, you can help in the following ways:
1. Share, share, share – the world must know!
2. Write a short (but polite) message on Israel’s Environment Protection Minister Gilad Erdan’s wall:
www.facebook.com/gilad.erdan
And kindly ask him to speed up his plans to abolish the trading of monkeys in Israel for experimentation.
Alternatively, you can write to his email: sar@sviva.gov.il

1. WHOM TO CONTACT

Israel’s Environment Protection Minister Gilad Erdan

Email: sar@sviva.gov.il

SAMPLE LETTER

Dear Minister Erdan,

I am writing today to express my support regarding your decision to cease providing requisite permits to Mazor Farm, a business that breeds and sells monkeys for animal experimentation; indeed, I extend my appreciation for your decision that will influence the closing of Moshav Mazor Farm. Your compassionate resolution will result in an ethical consequence, liberating more 1000 monkeys and relinquishing them to their natural habitat; future ramifications include rejecting additional exploitation, and the lives potentially stolen will be the lives realistically saved.

Thank you for refusing exploitation and instead observing empathy; I trust the overwhelming support acknowledging your courageous and empathetic decision exemplifies the importance of such and is considered when you finalize this declaration. Your moral decision supporting the closing of Mazor Farm will additionally serve as a model to other communities. I extend my gratitude towards you and hope you will accept my gesture of appreciation and respect, as well as my request that you hasten your plans to abolish the trading of monkeys in Israel for experimentation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this urgent message.

NAME

2. WHOM TO CONTACT

Mr. Eliezer Shkedi, CEO of El Al airlines

Email: shkedie@elal.co.il

El Al’s fax number: +972-3-9714405

SAMPLE LETTER | COURTESY BUAV

Dear CEO Shkedi,

I was shocked to learn that your airline is potentially involved in the transportation of monkeys from Mazor Farm to laboratories. It is unacceptable that these sensitive animals, ripped from their families and homes, are then subjected to the stress of being packed into small crates and shipped as cargo on airlines to end up in laboratories where they will suffer tremendously in exploiting experiments.

I urge El Al to please observe your ethical policy as of September 2010 and reject any request to transport primates from Mazor Farm to any laboratory. If you reject your own policy and ship these primates, I will not consider flying with your airline.

Thank you for taking the time to read this urgent appeal.

NAME

us shut down this
    horror, insane

2. June 12, 2012 6:00 am

Email sent

3. linda badham permalink
    June 12, 2012 4:20 pm

PRAYERS THAT THIS WILL END FOR EVER !

4. Cindy Zimmermann permalink
    June 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Dear Minister Erdan,

Thank you for taking the time to read this urgent message.

5. Cindy Zimmermann permalink
    June 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Dear CEO Shkedi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this urgent appeal.

6. Tracey Cooke permalink
    June 15, 2012 8:21 am

Dear Minister Erdan,

Thank you for taking the time to read this urgent message.
    Tracey Cooke

7. Stefanie Janke permalink
    June 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Dear Minister Erdan,

8. Diana Perez permalink
    June 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Done! Hoping for freedom…